Maxell LTO Ultrium 6 Tapes
The Maxell LTO 6 tape data cartridge has a native capacity of 2.5TB and up to 6.25TB compressed. It also boasts faster compressed tape drive transfer rate of up to 400 MB/sec.
Features and Benefits
- Capacity of 2.5TB and up to 6.25TB capacity and 400MB/s transfer rate
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Encryption capability enables hardware based writing of encrypted data to the LTO data cartridge, to protect sensitive information
- Patented corrosion resistant Ceramic Armor metal particles provide superior data life
- High coercivity micro-particles provide a high level of output; a superior signal-to-noise ratio; and a low, stable error rate
- Metal Particle (MP) technology
In addition, Maxell has developed dispersion and calendaring processes designed to improve read/write performance and ensure high output and enhanced stability.
Maxell’s innovative Neo Super Maximum capacity Advanced Reliability Tape technology platform (NeoSMART) is a convergence of advanced tape and manufacturing technologies producing the highest reliability in data storage and recovery. The improved magnetic particles, new coating and dispersion technologies, advanced cartridge shell design, and the other components of the NeoSMART platform are designed to support tape cartridge capacities in excess of 1 Terabyte.